Who is Eligible?
The minimum wage applies only to a new contract or contract-like instrument, if:
- it is a procurement contract for services or construction, or it is a contract or contract-like instrument:
- for services covered by the Service Contract Act
- for concessions, including any concessions contract excluded by the Department of Labor Regulations
- entered into with the Federal Government in connection with Federal property or lands and related to offering services for Federal employees, their dependents, or the general public, and
The wages of those workers are governed by the:
- FLSA, only if the contracts or contract-like instruments that exceed the micro-purchase threshold, or
- the Service Contract Act of the Davis-Bacon Act, only if the contracts or contract-like instruments at the thresholds specified in those Acts.
Examples of eligible workers:
Concession workers in national parks
Nursing assistants caring for veterans
People who serve food to U.S. troops
People who maintain the grounds on military bases
People who do the laundry on military bases
People who staff the parking lot of a federal courthouse
Janitors at federal buildings and military bases
Food service workers at federal buildings and military bases
This order shall not apply to grants; contracts and agreements with and grants to Indian Tribes under the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act; or any contracts or contract-like instruments expressly excluded by the regulations as mentioned above.